PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for operating a company service truck and driving to various locations to service/pump/clean portable restrooms or holding tanks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Conduct daily pre-shift & post-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Also, report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to the Operations Supervisor/Manager.
2. Operate service truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information.
3. Maintain telephone contact with field supervisor and office to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
4. Service portable restrooms, holding tanks, sinks, etc., at various work sites by following the Company’s servicing guidelines.
5. Restock paper products, hand sanitizer, soap, etc. in units being serviced.
6. Clean interior and exterior of units and add chemical solution to portable restroom units.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
HS Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with problems solving involving clients or situation where the client may be irate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver License (Class C).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk, sometimes long distances. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally also stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move between 50 pounds and 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position requires employee to travel regularly to off site work locations and as such use of vehicle will be provided.